Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance provides coverage for your business vehicles if it is involved in an accident. It can pay for bodily injury to others and property damage. It can also repair your vehicles. It is one of the largest exposures for businesses so it is very important to make sure you have the correct coverage for your business.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
A commercial auto policy covers accidental damages and bodily injury while a company vehicle is being used for business purposes. A few common types of coverage are:
- Auto Liability: Coverage for injuries or property damage caused by a company driver
- Underinsured Motorist: Coverage for bodily injury or property damage to your vehicles and employees if other party has less or no coverage
- Medical Payments: Medical coverage for you or your drivers regardless of fault
- Comprehensive: Coverage for anything other than collision such as vandalism, acts of god, etc.
- Collision: Repairs or replaces company vehicles if it's in an accident with another vehicle or object
- Hired and Non-Owned Liability: Liability coverage for vehicles not owned by business such as leased vehicles or employee-owned cars
Who Needs Commercial Auto Insurance?
Business owners should have a commercial auto policy if any of their vehicles are regularly used for business use. Personal auto coverage restricts many types of business driving so you may need a commercial policy if you use a vehicle for things such as:
- Driving to and from worksites
- Transporting of any property
- Transportation of any clients or employees
- Carrying tools or equipment used for work
Our independent agents can look into your specific situation to see if a commercial auto policy may be a fit for you.
Ways to save on Commercial Auto Coverage:
- Have an independent agent shop options for you
- Monitor who is driving your vehicles
- Implement a fleet management program
- Daily inspections of vehicles
- Carrying higher deductibles to prevent small claims
- Do a pre-screen of all drivers before they are hired
All Businesses are unique so it is important to find insurance that fits your needs. One of our insurance professionals can help assess what your needs are and help design a business auto insurance plan that will protect you at an affordable cost.
I have been working with Antone Saltvick for the last 4 years and it has been a great experience. He helped me get more coverage than I had before at a better price. ... read moreMichael
My husband and I own a small business and we have nothing but excellent things to say about working with Antone. He not only helped us with our insurance needs for the business but our... read moreElizabeth
Kevin Owens who is a broker at this agency is amazing with what he knows in regards to life insurance. It's obvious it's not all about him making money on a policy as he puts... read moreBecky
Great experience dealing with Antone Saltvick for my business insurance. He came in with a better price with more coverage than any other agent I talked to. He was super responsive and quick to get... read morePaul
Awesome customer service! We had a fairly complex situation while changing auto plans and buying a new home. Antone was very quick to respond and provided everything we needed! Not to mention, saved us a... read moreAshley
Nine years ago, we were shopping for a new broker and insurance carrier when we met with Larry Carlson. He told us he could help with all our insurance problems, from invoicing to coverage.... read morePK
Over the past 30 years I have had numerous brokers assist with my professional liability insurance needs. Larry Carlson is the first broker that takes the time to form relationships. I'm a firm believer that... read moreO
Kevin Owens is amazing! I was faced with one of my life insurances ending and they were going to charge me a quadruple monthly fee to continue. He took both of my... read moreRhonda
I've been a customer of Carlson and Associates since moving to Gig Harbor 5 years ago. I currently work with Antone who is fantastic! He listens to what we are needing in regards to policies... read moreLisa