Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance provides coverage for your business vehicles if it is involved in an accident. It can pay for bodily injury to others, property damage, and vehicle repair. It is one of the largest exposures for businesses making it very important to make sure you have the correct coverage for your business.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
A commercial auto policy covers accidental damages and bodily injury while a company vehicle is being used for business purposes. A few common types of coverage are:
- Auto Liability: Coverage for injuries or property damage caused by a company driver.
- Underinsured Motorist: Coverage for bodily injury or property damage to your vehicles and employees if the other party has less or no coverage.
- Medical Payments: Medical coverage for you or your drivers regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive: Coverage for anything other than collision such as vandalism, acts of god, etc.
- Collision: Repairs or replaces company vehicles if it is involved in an accident with another vehicle or object.
- Hired and Non-Owned Liability: Liability coverage for vehicles not owned by business such as leased vehicles or employee-owned cars.
Who Needs Commercial Auto Insurance?
Business owners should have a commercial auto policy if any of their vehicles are regularly used for business use. Personal auto coverage restricts many types of business driving. You may need a commercial policy if you use a vehicle for things such as:
- Driving to and from worksites
- Transporting of any property
- Transportation of any clients or employees
- Carrying tools or equipment used for work
Our independent agents can look into your specific situation to see if a commercial auto policy may be a good fit for you.
Ways to save on Commercial Auto Coverage:
- Have an independent agent shop options for you
- Monitor who is driving your vehicles
- Implement a fleet management program
- Daily inspections of vehicles
- Carrying higher deductibles to prevent small claims
- Do a pre-screen of all drivers before they are hired
All Businesses are unique so it is important to find insurance that fits your needs. One of our insurance professionals can help assess what your needs are and help design a business auto insurance plan that will protect you at an affordable cost.